The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Off Map Base Removal

+10
Yellow Bandit
TASB
Milans
Tilux
NoFaceNoName
Realister
Gambit2
trogunner113
skeeteR
TheOwner
14 posters

Go down

Off Map Base Removal Empty Off Map Base Removal

Post  TheOwner Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Cut off all access to going off map. It is not fair that someone should have an advantage over the rest of us because they can fly their chopper 450000m off map and make a base that no one will ever get too. Put up a kill zone, so if you go off map, you get killed instantly. THis will keep the action going, and gives everyone a fair chance at finding each others base. It will also prevent vehicle hording.
TheOwner
TheOwner
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Off Map Base Removal Empty Re: Off Map Base Removal

Post  skeeteR Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Lets hear some opinions guys Very Happy

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  trogunner113 Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 am

I am sort of for and against this rule, for because i use the off map for base. Razz but i think it is not fun to have bases out there because of above reasons. I am actually for the kill zone with two conditions: 1 we have plenty of time to move our stuff back in map.2 kill zone should only be on the ground. Like u may be able to fly as much as u want out there. But as soon as you touch ground. Everything dies. Vehicles and people.
Also there should be a grace area of like 500 feet in just in case you accidentally go into wasteland.
My opinion. This would make base raiding more exciting/frequent.
trogunner113
trogunner113
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Off Map Base Removal Empty of site warning

Post  Gambit2 Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 am

Could a warning of entering off map be placed before death giving people the chance to leave.

making sure people are unable to leave items in that area.

Gambit2
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:58 am

If we did anything that "killed", I would defiantly warn many times. That is the only way I would be satisfied.

I have a few ideas so far.

I'd like to hear so more opinions before we decide what we are going to do.

Also, I would give ppl time to move their items/vehicles etc.

Hopefully more members will add their opinions, this server equally belongs to all whom call it home Very Happy
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Realister Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 am

I think this is a must and the only way to make it fair. Currently anyone who has a Heli is hoarding all the Heli's and there gear off the map making it impossible to obtain there vechicles or raid there camp. I think a time frame should be put into place and a warning message posted on the forum and the server saying anyone based off the map has a week to move back within the map, or risk losing there gear. I think a week is more then enough time for this to happen.

Realister
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Off Map Base Removal Empty javascript:emoticonp(':lol:')

Post  NoFaceNoName Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 am

Realister wrote:I think this is a must and the only way to make it fair. Currently anyone who has a Heli is hoarding all the Heli's

Hmm... There's not one group that has all of the helicopters that's a fact.. Personally My helo is over the boundary, and I feel anyone with a helo would be naive to park one in map. They are an invaluable tool that deserve a bit of protection of the outer map I personally feel that there should be around a 5km limit off the actual line of the map if this were to pass. Any less would be a bit drastic, seeing you have about a 500M view distance to either side in the outer region could simply drive the limit line and drive the map line and would be almost guaranteed something. Where in the world would you hide a MIL-17 and it be fairly concealed inside the map, I landed one in a remote heavily wooded area and it was gone within an hour of me leaving it with about 10 people on the server. and it wasn't Dave & Co. that took it. Not one spot on the map I can guarantee. Now that the hacker Dave is gone people will be more inclined to park them closer to the edge of the map. Dave and Co. killed around 10 of my helicopters all together all 5KM+ off map, which was the reason I kept going further and further out.

Realister wrote: and there gear off the map making it impossible to obtain there vechicles or raid there camp. I think a time frame should be put into place and a warning message posted on the forum and the server saying anyone based off the map has a week to move back within the map, or risk losing there gear. I think a week is more then enough time for this to happen.

TheOwner wrote:Cut off all access to going off map. It is not fair that someone should have an advantage over the rest of us because they can fly their chopper 450000m off map and make a base that no one will ever get too. Put up a kill zone, so if you go off map, you get killed instantly. THis will keep the action going, and gives everyone a fair chance at finding each others base. It will also prevent vehicle hording.

Nothing is impossible, nothing is stopping you from driving around out there. I've drove around out there a lot and have came across some jewels in the past. People who set up tents in the outer areas don't load them full of low tier things like AKM or M16s which is another reason to drive around out there.. Pretty sure most people wont drive a land vehicle way off map simply because it's way too time consuming, if someone wants to drive a GAZ 5km off map and spend the time doing so I personally think they deserve that GAZ's decreased chance of being stolen. I personally wouldn't spend the time driving it back to the city and would just blow it up causing them more headache. Planes spawn almost if not every restart, if you know how to fly a helicopter you should most definitely have an idea as to how to fly a plane. Take one out there to the outer regions and have a gander.

If you're wanting their helicopter, well I suggested an idea to Skeeter about Stinger missile launchers being added in as a lootable to replace your backpack, or even go into backpacks. In all honesty it isn't hard to steal a helicopter, people get careless when they have them for a while and that's the time to strike. All of my tents are in map yet none of them have been raided legitimately yet in the month and a half.

Not to pick on you two individually, but you just made the more specific comments toward hoarding stuff and fairness etc. The only true way to make everything fair is to give everyone a helicopter, then we could all just play Flight Sim 2013. In all seriousness, if you truly wanted to make it as fair as you can, make all of the helicopters disappear on restart, and new ones spawned in, in Skeeters predetermined spots. Just my .02

NoFaceNoName
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilux Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:12 pm

NoFaceNoName wrote:
I feel anyone with a helo would be naive to park one in map.

Off Map Base Removal J68W4TJ
Tilux
Tilux
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Milans Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm

I have one Parked on map now ..... and 2 off Very Happy
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trogunner113 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Off Map Base Removal 200px-Active_Camo_index
ACTIVE (chopper) CAMO! Razz
trogunner113
trogunner113
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trogunner113 Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:05 pm

i somewhat agree with the 5km area in wild, especially if the server is popular at the time and if you flew anywhere on the map people would just follow you to where you landed, the wilderness is a nice open space to park, but it is vast, and you need a chopper or a plane to explore effectively. 5km might be the right amount of space so that you could still drive around out there without driving or running for hours if you don't fly.
however, i think it would be cool to have buildings spawn in the wilderness so it would become a more popular spot, to loot, and hide vehicles. If you could have a few buildings spawn out there you could park vehicles inside/around, and force anyone with a chopper/plane to land to be able to see if anything is inside.(if that makes sense). u wouldn't see a vehicle 2k away just by driving over a little hill out there, you would see a few buildings and would have to go over to them to check for peoples hideouts. IDK if this would be a good idea/work/spawn loot/spawn zed/be kool. but it would be a suggestion if we kept the wilderness(or parts of it). just a idea. (this would be more work on skeeter tho. Sad)
trogunner113
trogunner113
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TASB Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm

The map is huge. If you can not figure out how to hide things within map and have to resort to moving items to locations where normal gameplay is hindered, I'd call that cheating the same as combat logging.

Just my 2 cents.

Items aremeant to be lost in this game. it's great to build up a nice base, adn doing so you runt he risk of looters and bandits. it's all part of the game. Take this out of the equation adn new players are certain to find less appeal to those who horde air vehicles, etc...

Either way, i'm having a good time on the server. But really, isn't this nothing short of cheating?

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellow Bandit Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 pm

I vote to remove camps off the map, it unbalances game play.

Yellow Bandit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm always grateful for these opinions.

Now I guess its up to me to figure out what will be done.

We have had some issues that were hard to fix (always gonna be issues)
This is a very important topic, and It can be resolved in a couple different ways.

Give me this evening to think it over so more.
But I'm leaning towards the idea of simply deleting/respawning anything that goes too far off the map.
I would do this once a day. What "too far" is will be thought about, and announced.
Nothing will be done without giving people plenty of time to move their stuff.

If we end up deciding "1500m or 2000m" from map's edge is "too far"........it will be up to you guys to make sure your stuff is within the "safe from deletion" zone.
(this can be done by setting a waypoint on the edge of map and checking your distance)
The edge of the map is very easy to see on your map. "The edge" is where trees and grass stop spawning, and the area turns into a bare wasteland.

Sorry for long post, this is a topic with many variables
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 am

Okay, after thinking (alot) about this issue.

I've decided we will soon start and delete/respawn any vehicles/tents found further than 1500 meters from the EDGE of map. (EDGE = where grass, trees stop spawning) (1500 meters is what we will start with, this may change later after some testing)

So just use waypoints to guesstimate (guesstimate did not show up as a misspelled word? lmao) how far you are off map.

I really like Trog's idea about placing some random buildings around out there, it would force anyone scouting in a plane/chopper to either land.....or drop teammates.
So I would really like to mess around with this.

To anyone with stuff out there now.......DONT BE ALARMED Razz
I'm going to give everyone plenty of time to move their stuff. Once I'm comfortable everyone is aware of the NEW RULE, and had time to move..........then we will start enforcing this.

Please keep posting your opinions and ideas, without your guy's help, this stuff would be way to hard to decide.

So never be shy, say w/e you think. We all have to play here, and enjoy the server. So when it comes to new rules, its always nice to have the entire community involved.

thanks alot everyone
-skeet
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Milans Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 am

You mean i have to move my Helis' that are 35065457668 M away nooooooooooooo i need 3 fuel tankers to get them back to map Very Happy
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NewClearWinter Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm

I really like the idea of making it so you can't go off map. That's the way DayZ is meant to be played. Players aren't supposed to be making huge ass camps hundreds of kilometers from the map to hoard endless amounts of gear. Keeping everything inside the map makes it so players really can't afford to have more than a couple of tents and vehicles near each other without fear of a chopper finding it. Maybe this will make it so that players think twice about risking their lives, because if they die they might not have a huge arsenal of weapons and vehicles to run back to.

Yeah it's going to be a pain in the ass to hide a helicopter, but they will come just as easy as they go when they are all within the map. And this gives the little birds so more desire because they are much easier to hide than a huey. As Nofaceman was saying this isn't "Flight Sim 2013" so I don't see why he is so concerned that he won't be able to hide his inside the map. If you lose the helicopter it's not the end of the world, that just means you have to walk places. Having a chopper is a convenience not a right and if you find one, expect it to be gone within the week and there won't be a problem/

NewClearWinter
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trogunner113 Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm not arguing against you, but what is the real purpose of dayz? kill players? protect players? etc. some people make big ass bases some people run with just a little gear. the point of this topic is where they make the bases if you play that gamestyle. i agree about the off the map base=unfair, but the players are just playing like they would, taking the safest spot, out of map. if we reduced the size of the off map area it wouldn't be so bad since it might make them scared of being found, thus forcing them to where there is more cover in map. but people will always try and go with the best advantage to them, so right now the off map area is a "convenience".
trogunner113
trogunner113
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FruitSmuggler Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:42 pm

just to clarify then, after 1500m there is nothing?

FruitSmuggler
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

FruitSmuggler wrote:just to clarify then, after 1500m there is nothing?

thats right fruit.

to the west of the map, its even less. really close to the tree line. (less than 1000 meters)

it automatically deletes the stuff on each restart. to the north, I've "guessed" it is around 1500 meters. but best way to test it is with a crappy car or a tent. then you will know for sure, if the crappy car is still there after restart, then you are safe.

I can even try to come up with an exact distance 2night.
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  FruitSmuggler Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 pm

that's fine mate cheers for clearing that up

FruitSmuggler
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Slartybartfast Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 am

Hey Skeeter,

I wonder, have you implemented this yet? Everytime I see a bunch of nofw guys online I see them coming from way west or northwest in a chopper. So I assume (one of) their base(s) is still pretty far out of the map. Wanna know if it's worth going up there and loot the place clown
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott [TLE] Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:24 am

Slartybartfast wrote:Hey Skeeter,

I wonder, have you implemented this yet? Everytime I see a bunch of nofw guys online I see them coming from way west or northwest in a chopper. So I assume (one of) their base(s) is still pretty far out of the map. Wanna know if it's worth going up there and loot the place clown

I have a feeling that's getting moved...

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Yea, this is all automatic now. Been this way for about a month. Nobody can hide stuff off the map without the next restart eating it.
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Slartybartfast Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:58 pm

[NofW] Scott wrote:

I have a feeling that's getting moved...

Hehe, well I haven't found it (yet) :p
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down