The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Complete tent removal

+2
skeeteR
Gambit2
6 posters

Go down

Complete tent removal Empty Complete tent removal

Post  Gambit2 Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 am

I've seen some chatter about tent removal and server wipes.

I understand a reluctance to remove tents as it destroys history on the server and I'm unaware of how it would be implemented.

I keep coming across camps and individual tents with crazy items two have been tents that are duplicating items, others possibly are the same.

I'm not naming anyone's names as I'm not 100% and feel it's unimportant (duplicating tents are glitch? they may have belonged to others from the past), but I made a raid the other night and came across a base with 4 vehicles, I removed 3 and took everything of value out of the tents, supplies weapons the works, I passed by again and those items are there in the tents again.

I caught part of chat of someone talking of been raided missing those vehicles. If I was to be correct people know of sites and are not reporting them.

Others sites I've come across are possibly the same but I've not returned to them.

I suggest If possible people have the chance to collect Items from their base put them into vehicles and at a chosen date destroy all tents and afterwards give everyone one tent (maybe more if they have a valid argument) to restart a base creating a new established community.

My preference would be a server wipe and start again but I'm new to the game and have little to loose and have had little effect on this server.

With these tents in play the game does not feel like survival .

Co-ordinates of all tents with high level items have been written down I didn't have the need of some and couldn't carry all of the items if return and they are duplicating items I will report them.

If you request all the co-ordinates skeeter i'll pm you them.

Last edited by Gambit2 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

Gambit2
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Complete tent removal Empty Re: Complete tent removal

Post  skeeteR Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 am

Thank you gambit, and everything you are saying is correct. This has become more of a well known problem. I hope whatever solution I devise, that this community will understand. My main goal here has always been fair gameplay, 2nd goal would be keeping things "fun". One way to ensure the fair gameplay would be to remove all the tents from the map. I want you all to know, this will be a "last resort" option. If it comes to that, then you all will know I had no other way to fix this problem.

It has officially become a serious issue. I really hate to delete anyone's hard work/gameplay. So I'm going to really try and figure this out (without deleting legit tents). Current tent count is 95, about 20-25% have not been interacted with in over 1 week.

The easy fix (on my end) would be truncate (delete) the entire instance_deployable (tents, wire fence, tank traps etc) table from the database.
But I really really do not want to do it like that.

However, I don't want a bunch of glitched tents full of high end gear. It seems the majority of the glitched tents are racked full of rare weapons and nothing else.

Please keep checking back here for updates on this topic.

Most of you know by now, I will not turn my back on you guys. If a full tent wipe happens. I will somehow make it up to you all.

1 possible form of consolation could be giving everyone 1 new tent.
Its impossible to totally fix this without some sacrifice from the players (this is the part I don't like). Hopefully you all will be satisfied with knowing the servers gameplay will be fair.

Give me the morning to work on this, who knows what I may come up with.
Smile
-skeeter
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gambit2 Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:25 am

additional suggestion.

If you or the community feel like the server would be sparse of tents for raiders like myself would it be possible for you to replace tents that have shown inactivity and have them contain items of a similar nature.

Again this would give the server a feel of long term activity which could be lost if a server wipe or complete tent removal.

I know little about how to implement this but understand the amount of work this could create.

Gambit2
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 am

Thats not a bad idea.

It would take me some time to do it, but I dont mind. I would like to do this. Some of the "old" or "glitched" tents could be replaced.

I really like this idea, the deleting part is fast, may take a little longer to get the replacements back.

thanks gambit

Still plenty of time to give ideas and opinions. I enjoy hearing from everyone, dont be shy!

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellow Bandit Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:05 am

If we are putting a vote out, I vote yes for removing all the current tents in 1 decisive action.

I think it will be painful for only a day or 2, but will get back to business as usual in no time.

If you let us know the exact time it would occur we would have a chance to save our stuff in a vehicle right before you do it, sparing us from losing everything. Then we would just put out new tents, and the glitched ones would be gone. Also, maybe you could increase the chance of tents spawning for a day or 2 after you delete them all, so we can find new tents easier to get our new camps back up quicker.

Yellow Bandit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOwner Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 am

I am going to vote no, only because this might not fix it. This glitch doesnt just happen to our server, it happens to everyones. I have looked on other forums, and currently their is no fix for it. This might work, but no one really hides their tents in the open, usually in trees or something, and I think that is why they get glitched. This is just my opinion though. Very Happy
TheOwner
TheOwner
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Milans Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 am

So the Glitch is Global ? ..... Ok if there is no hotfix how do we fix the issue ? does the glitch happen with vehicles ? if not then lets remove the tents for the time being and spawn in an extra 15 atvs on the server
Atm i have alot to lose with this weekend's hoarding Very Happy
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PhillyTC Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Joboo is bad tent hider. Joboo make sad face when go camping.

I havent' been on in about a week. Seems like a lot has happened. I'm not affected one way or the other, so I'll let the rest of the community hash this one out.

PhillyTC

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm grateful for all the feedback.

This helps me out more than you guys think, this is one of the harder problems I have to solve.

The opinions and ideas are helping me to decide what would be best.

thank you all Smile
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down