The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

The [Coy] problem

+11
Remedys
Zez
Traumahead
Slartybartfast
Chimera
красный бандит
Petrov!
White Bandit
pielicious
skeeteR
FortuneFighter [TLE]
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The [Coy] problem Empty The [Coy] problem

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:35 am

Ok im sure a lot of you are aware that [Coy] uses sidechat not only to slander NofW that's a given but also use it to talk over side not only is it a rule enforced by the server but also by skeeter as nothing is being done about it I thought it was time to do something about it

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

The [Coy] problem Empty Re: The [Coy] problem

Post  skeeteR Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 am

best way to deal with trolling is to ignore it.

people lose interest fast when no reaction is rewarded.

just noticed you mentioned voice in side chat. you are right thats a rule. and if its being ignored by anyone, then that is mostly being rude to me.
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:06 am

but now they are using racial slurs such examples as "*****"-Mexicans offended Rulo [NofW]  "*****" offensive to most people wether back or white etc.. so please do something about it and they talk as in use voice over sidechat...

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:06 am

One thing that really pisses me off is when people can't handle the freedom allowed here. I keep rules to a min. and sometimes it feels like its taken as a challenge.

Last edited by skeeteR on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:10 am

be as it may racism should be a rule and you should enforce it, its not trash talk its being shallow and offensive many gamers come from different places ad I am sure they don't like to be slandered

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 am

Its getting late, and this upsets me. Once again people have found something and exploited it. If It ends up requiring any further attention (adding a new rule), the parties at fault will be further punished. Just for principle.

But never forget, it has nothing to do with my beliefs or opinions. I've kept this place 100% free of that. Nobody comes here to find out my views on anything. I stay out of shit like this for good reasons..

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:38 am

You guys dont want me including miss_K into the rule making.

She would have you guys doing all sorts of silly shit upon logging into the game/forum.

Our small rule list is a double edged sword. If we start adding new rules, it will only lead to more and more.

Once something like that starts, it only requires more rules to update the existing ones.

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:46 am

if I may ask who is miss_K

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:59 am

GF of 9 years

the 1 person I can (and usually do) blame for alot of stuff cyclops 
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 am

Ok we'll congrats on a happy9 years and I wish more years to come but are you going to deal with Coy because they have been a nucense to the server I'm not telling you how to run the server but its a bother to have Coy get on and racial slur our members NofW doesn't like starting this but this is unacceptable and there should be some consequences to their actions

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pielicious Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:45 am

Shall I start recalling all the crap you guys talk in side chat? I'm not going into detail here what some of you actually said but I didn't feel the urge to make a forum post or bother skeeter with pms apart from one time when we had a little incident on the test server where you showed everyone that some of you guys stupidity level is over 9000 and maybe there's a reason why a good amount of people on this server think that your are just a bunch of tools. This doesn't justify to call you names either but I wonder why you are surprised that people pick on you all the time.
pielicious
pielicious
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:06 am

Ok to be fair I wasn't part of the clan nor played dayz when on the test server so I have no clue what you are talking about but if you we're on tonight the coy clan was past us in every way they make racial slurs to our members they called our Mexican member a wetback which is when Mexicans cross the boarder they usually have to cross an river and they get "wet" so pie before you hop on the defensive side of thing analyze the topic first

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pielicious Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:19 am

Now dude, first there's not much to analyze there, second you should probably know why people give you alot of crap and third I said it doesn't justify to call you names either but you making a big deal out of it while everyone else kept quiet for the bollocks you talked in the past. I know you are pumped up for that clan crap but don't make yourself look like a fool now.....well maybe it's too late for that but just get over it and go on full ignore mode. If you don't know how to deal with trolls by now, well then I'm really really sorry.
pielicious
pielicious
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:07 am

No no no pie you are gravely mistaken this wasn't your harmless troll attempt being in a clan you expect trash talk and yes we are cocky but its because we can actually hold up to our words the called Rulo a Wetback when Rulo asked to please tone down the racism C-Holmsey42 has scree caps of the racism it wasn't the trolling that bothered us it was the racism and yes we troll but its in good sport the Coy committee goes out of their way to be racist and I figure it should stop

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  White Bandit Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:32 am

All I can Think Of is the Pot callin the Kettle black ....

A Rule is Needed for racist remarks ...... people get way too comfortable on this server and forget how other admins just throw out Bans with out giving you a reason !
White Bandit
White Bandit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FortuneFighter [TLE] Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:56 pm

I agree with you Milan on certain thing one we don't use racism because we have many cultures in the clan and don't like to disrespect them and 2 yes admins usually throw bans like its nothing but you must agree racism does not look good when trying to fid new members for the den

FortuneFighter [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm

FortuneFighter [NofW] wrote:should be a rule and you should enforce it

FortuneFighter [NofW] wrote:I'm not telling  you how to run the server but

This will never be a place where the players have to agree with me or my beliefs.  I'm proud to say I stay out of things.  People never need to worry "what would skeeter think?" before saying or doing something.   So to stay true to that, I must try hard not too interfere, or censor anyone.   The moment I pick and choose what can be said or not said.......it contradicts my entire idea.

If I start with a new rule for racism.  Then right away I will be expected to define what IS and IS NOT considered a racist term.   See what I mean?  

Then I will be expected to not allow people to call each other "gay", and so on.  Next people would expect me to stop people from talking about anything taboo, or politically incorrect.  It would never stop.

Like I said,  its a double edged sword.  

Does it upset me when people take these freedoms and over do it?  Yes very much.  To be able to operate with minimal rules, its up to the community to handle certain issues on their own.
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrov! Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:12 pm

If you don't like it...then leave.

It really isn't difficult. I am not saying leave because you don't like the server but maybe you guys need a break so this isn't such an emotional problem for you guys.

Skeeter is a great admin. He isn't unfair and makes a server that should really govern itself. Once an administrator starts micro-managing more then it leads to bigger problems. Almost always.

So yeah, it sounds like the OP needs to take a break. Trust me! It works Smile

Petrov!
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  красный бандит Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 pm

good idea if you don't like the way the server is set up leave good way to put it petrov Smile
красный бандит
красный бандит
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrov! Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 pm

красный бандит wrote:good idea if you don't like the way the server is set up leave good way to put it petrov Smile

Yup!

I don't want it to sound like I want them to leave permanently though. People just really need to learn to step back from the video game and realize that being at someone's neck in a place like this is just really not worth it.

I took a long break and got a lot done. I look forward to returning with no hard feelings towards anyone nor any will to start a problem. I think Standalone won't come out for a month or two now so I may just reinstall Arma...we'll see!
Petrov!
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimera Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:14 am

Also, don't forget the major rule...

Treat someone how you would like to be treated yourself. You don't like people talking shit? Maybe even a little more extreme than you are? Then step back and stop showing your age. Act respectably, and ignore the people that don't. Its funny how many people I see, acting like prepubescent teens, in some silly pissing match with words. Its the internet, and the beauty is that in reality, none of you would use the language, name calling, and various slurs that are slung around on the internet like they're commonplace nouns. The first step towards ending this behavior, is ending it at your own doorstep.

Chimera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Slartybartfast Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:49 pm

I've just been on for 30 mins... And I've seen nothing more than those NofW kids calling people cunts etc (in different languages, trying to be smart using google translate)

Like I said in sidechat... You are the ones that abuse it... VERY IRRITATING! So, altho I definately don't approve racism (in fact I hate it!!!!!) and I don't know what those Coyotes said (I don't even care):

Controll your kiddiecrew and let them behave!

or let them grow up
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  красный бандит Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:05 pm

well put slarty you nofw are the ones that need controlled
красный бандит
красный бандит
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pielicious Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Slarty, you kut! lol! 

/derail
pielicious
pielicious
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:57 pm

FortuneFighter [NofW] wrote:I agree with you Milan on certain thing one we don't use racism because we have many cultures in the clan and don't like to disrespect them and 2 yes admins usually throw bans like its nothing but you must agree racism does not look good when trying to fid new members for the den

Is it standard practice to not use any form of punctuation either?
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next