The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

To all members of this community.

+8
ProDerp
Slartybartfast
Scott [TLE]
xHGx Reflex
красный бандит
implodingrat
pielicious
skeeteR
12 posters

Go down

To all members of this community. Empty To all members of this community.

Post  skeeteR Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Dont want to ask this question, but I will.

Where has everyone went?  

But I've been working hard to fix all the bugs related to 1.7.7, starting to work on a exclusive Hunters Den version of dayZ.  Also, was thiking of getting us a 100 percent dedicated server (expensive).   However since 1.7.7 came out the population has been very low.

Are people losing interest?  or playing dayz on other servers?

Either way its none of my business.  But if we continue to have low population.  I will reconsider opening the server up to the public for a month to regain some regular players.

Just needed to say this.  Most of you know I want to stay private, I like it that way.  Its 1 place that you guys can call "your own".  But at the same time, if the members of this community no longer want to play here........then we need more members.

**everyone in this community has always had an equal voice.  could go on about why I think this is a great private community/server, but you guys already know that.

I'm just doing alot of thinking out loud.  I know I'm not the only one who noticed the numbers drop after 1.7.7

too long dont read
-this server has always belonged to its community,  but lately its community does not use it

Last edited by skeeteR on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

To all members of this community. Empty Re: To all members of this community.

Post  skeeteR Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:59 pm

I know its summertime

and i'm probably jumping to conclusions.  

but i'll also be honest with you guys.   just need to throw this out there.

a month of being public would gain some new players fast, maybe thats what we need.  maybe we dont need anything.  i'd like to stay 100 percent private/exclusive
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  pielicious Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Chimera is trying out some Skyrim mod I think and Trauma is busy to score a readheaded bird who drinks as much as he does.
pielicious
pielicious
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  implodingrat Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Been busy a while but i think opening to the public for a short time would be a great idea anyways. I rarely see more than 10 people online, would be nice to see a consistent 20 at least. Yeah there will be script kiddys but who cares as long as its just temporary. Worth it to get some more people IMO.

implodingrat
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  красный бандит Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:53 pm

ive been grounded Sad tmmrw is the day ill be ungrounded im a regular and ill stay that way this is my favorite server skeet keep it up
красный бандит
красный бандит
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  xHGx Reflex Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:46 pm

IMO I think that since bb and yb haven't been on and a lot of nofw have not been playing, possibly some feel their enemies are gone and there is no goal? Just a guess, let's fuel the rivalvries guys!

xHGx Reflex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott [TLE] Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:23 am

xHGx Reflex wrote:IMO I think that since bb and yb haven't been on and a lot of nofw have not been playing, possibly some feel their enemies are gone and there is no goal? Just a guess, let's fuel the rivalvries guys!

I'm not sure what's going on. I've been dealing with inter-clan drama (Leader is doing important things with something called real life I'm not sure what that is) I've also been managing some server stuff swapping 150 people over to a new server is great fun. Everyone else seems to have started trolling other mods like mercenary and epoch. Main complaint I've been getting is there aren't enough people to shoot on this server.

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Slartybartfast Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:33 am

I've been pretty busy lately and everytime I did have time, the server was attacked by thos ddos attacks Sad

There have been plenty applies of new players lately right? So there should be enough fresh fish to play with pirat

But maybe going public for a while is a good idea indeed.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ProDerp Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:22 pm

We've been having quite a bit of trouble logging in and have been playing Warframe and Breaking Point until Hunters Den moved over and stabilized. We're still having some trouble such as Wrong Passwords given. We still try every now and then but alas some of us still receive the message saying wrong password. (Yes we know the password was changed recently).
ProDerp
ProDerp
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pielicious Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Besides I get get kicked from that trash server all the time.
pielicious
pielicious
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 pm

ProDerp wrote:We've been having quite a bit of trouble logging in and have been playing Warframe and Breaking Point until Hunters Den moved over and stabilized. We're still having some trouble such as Wrong Passwords given. We still try every now and then but alas some of us still receive the message saying wrong password. (Yes we know the password was changed recently).

its a bug with 1.7.7,  not a problem with the password change

no launchers are allowing passwords to work.  its simple,  try to join (that way your launcher loads dayz properly), it will kick you for wrong password, it will kick you into the ingame launcher,  reenter password into ingame launcher.........and it will work

i dont know why we even keep a forum, I post this stuff constantly.  anytime there is new information that you guys need, I'm here posting it all over the place.

i dont care where you guys play (its 100 percent NONE of my business Very Happy), like i said, i understand people lose interest. and there are 100's of new games out there.  this thread was posted to inform the community that there is no point keeping the server private and exclusive.......if nobody wants to play here.

furthermore, I'm online ALL the time.  if anyone has technical problems, I'm always around to help people.  shoutbox, personal message, forum, IRC   (dont imply that my neglect to fix issues is the reason you cant play here,  I've sat for hour after hour fixing big problems.  the server is now very stable, infact I would go as far to say more stable than any other 1.7.7 server at the moment)

Last edited by skeeteR on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Slartybartfast wrote:I've been pretty busy lately and everytime I did have time, the server was attacked by thos ddos attacks Sad

There have been plenty applies of new players lately right? So there should be enough fresh fish to play with pirat

But maybe going public for a while is a good idea indeed.

Very Happy   thanks slarty.  i dont want anyone thinking they need to explain why they dont play.   it was just a general message to the community.  its summertime, and people have personal lives to attend to.

i hope ppl dont take it the wrong way,  it just needed to be said that we may end up going public again. because its harder to keep a busy server when only members can join it.

thanks again slarty, your always there with something to say to cheer things up

pielicious wrote:Besides I get get kicked from that trash server all the time.

you mean our new server?  i promise to move us back to washington ASAP.  just holding out for a new shiny server with 0 miles on it

pretty sure you were talking about the other servers though.  

hopefully we can move back tmrrw.   (did you get kicked today for signature timeout?  pretty sure i had fixed it)

Last edited by skeeteR on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

To all members of this community. Empty i agree

Post  brad912 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:13 am

i think we should go public for a bit i would say if u could be on as much as possible to deal with hackers though that would be a great idea maybe like everyweekend we go open or somthin just an idea

brad912
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  White Bandit Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 pm

I need an Suv wit some Spinnas' afro I think the amount of bugs and bs that comes with a new big patch scares and detours ppl into playing a different mod and try out new things
White Bandit
White Bandit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm

skeeteR wrote:no launchers are allowing passwords to work.  its simple,  try to join (that way your launcher loads dayz properly), it will kick you for wrong password, it will kick you into the ingame launcher,  reenter password into ingame launcher.........and it will work

It sounds like this is a big problem with attendance. I always use the in game launcher so I've never had a problem. If no one can log in then they wont bother trying. Not a lot of people (ie kids) know how to even use an in game launcher like DayZ has anymore.

skeeteR wrote:I dont know why we even keep a forum, I post this stuff constantly.  anytime there is new information that you guys need, I'm here posting it all over the place.

Ok you all know that I post here a lot so I'm gonna bring attention to what a problem that I know others are having. Most of the time, new threads or new posts do not show up properly for me on this forum. Meaning that the red blood drop doesn't show up every time there is a new subject or comment. And I know its not limited to just me Milan used to tell me it does the same thing. I didn't bring it to your attention cuz I didn't think it was a big deal. But yes, even I have missed some posts. Like the "quoting text" thread. So I guess it is an issue.
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:52 pm

pielicious wrote:... Trauma is busy to score a readheaded bird who drinks as much as he does.

Pretty much this. That and I don't usually play after an update. I take a break for things to get fixed and recharge my batteries.

I do like your idea of temporarily making the server public and closing it again skeeteR! That sounds like a damn good way to bring players in. That's what made me join, when you put the PW on!
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Slartybartfast Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:30 am

So Skeet,

Have you decided yet on going public? Server is running pretty smooth I have to say, so I think it's worth a shot. Smile
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TASB Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am

We could certainly use a surge of players. it's been pretty quiet lately. The server is running damned fine too, I might add. All things considered.

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pielicious Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:41 am

Indeed, the server runs way better than the last one, very smoothly, at least for me. We probably have to deal with the occasional hacker but that doesn't really bother me. We need fresh blood and maybe this lures some established players out of their hiatus. Win/win situation Razz
pielicious
pielicious
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down