The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

running out of ideas

4 posters

Go down

running out of ideas Empty running out of ideas

Post  skeeteR Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:47 pm

So everyone knows the last 2 patches have been complete FAILURES.

Ever since rocket handed over the mod development to the "community", this game has made NO PROGRESS. It has been going backwards.

I've made numerous reports about the current bugs
With this being said, its seems the tent problem is still not fixed. Many players are reporting that new tents do not save, and delete on restart. I'm running out of ideas. I do not want to remove tents. But I may need to remove them temp. until something solid can be done.
If this happens, all the data will be saved so I can put all the tents back.

I'm very sorry, this problem is not easy to fix. Both times I thought it was solved......only to find out otherwise.

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, this is all thanks to the recent "improvements" made by the community developers. The problems all lie in the dayz_code (the part of the mod that is completely client side, it changes each time you download the latest update). Its also Something that cannot be altered by me server side. We all know tents worked fine before. Now we have so many things broken, and none of the devs want to admit it. They try to blame private hive servers, stating that they cannot "recreate" the problem.......so it must be caused by something private servers have done. Our setups have not changed, only changes are in the clients code. Server side things are not the cause of these problems.

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted you all to know the truth.
Hopefully they will fix these problems. (tents, random teleports to coast, random teleports to ocean, and the docks launching ppl 50 ft into the sky) <---all of these are major problems.

thanks for hanging in there, I'm going to work with tents some more. Removal is last resort........but we are approaching last resort fast

-skeeter

Last edited by skeeteR on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

running out of ideas Empty Re: running out of ideas

Post  Milans Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:50 pm

They are mad skeeter we didnt want them to have Canned food named after them ......
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOwner Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Lol Milan. Is their any way you can increase the amount a vehicle can hold, or possibly make vehicles harder to find?
TheOwner
TheOwner
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Milans wrote:They are mad skeeter we didnt want them to have Canned food named after them ......

MY POINT EXACTLY! the last 2 updates were focused on this BS........dont know why they were messing with other things. Its obvious they screwed some stuff up. No need to admit it........just fix it.
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Milans Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am

From the looks of it Every private server will become its own version of Dayz little by little , I'm kinda hopin for this and let the server admins change the code to their own community's needs let it become open, these "community devs" are a bunch of forum junkies at the rite place and time ...... They only wanna try to do "fun" update changes not fix real issues and problems ...
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 pm

I always suspected that "rocket" was a dumb guy. I wont be surprised if the standalone doesn't ever become a real thing.
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down