The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Auto refueling

4 posters

Go down

Auto refueling Empty Auto refueling

Post  Milans Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 am

Seen alot of servers have auto refueling and towing capabilities can we do something like this ?
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Auto refueling Empty Re: Auto refueling

Post  Traumahead Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Milans wrote:Seen alot of servers have auto refueling and towing capabilities can we do something like this ?

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 pm

yea, its easy to do. reason I never did it was because I already have a SHIT TON of vehicles on the map. I spawn them fully fuel'd and repair'd. If all you had to do was hover the heli over a gas station to fill it........it would make things even easier. (I've already been blamed for having things too easy)

So that was the only reason I never did this. Compared to some of the server modifications I've done.......this one would be super easy to do. Some things have drove me crazy trying to figure out. This is simple.

The towing thing is a little more difficult (for me to figure out), I did check it out a few weeks ago. But I would be happy to work on this and add it to the server. It would be something new to mess with. (even though it would take vehicle hoarding to a new level Razz)

ANYONE else who has some opinions on these 2 suggestions........please reply. This is how the changes happen here, we all talk about it. Majority wins. So bottom line is......is everyone wants the auto fueling thing, then we will do it Smile (or atleast try it out and see how it goes)

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:42 pm

You changed my mind with that post. I wouldn't want things to be too easy. However would there be any way to make a jerry can hold more fuel? Even an extra 5 or 10 liters would be a 25 to 50 percent increase respectively. I'm just thinking about those who dont have a whole team to help them fuel a single chopper... like me.

foreveralone.jpg
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:55 pm

you are just like me, I always lone wolfed it too Razz

that would be pretty sweet. but I'm unable to edit certain parts/coding. Without checking, I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be able to change that. But I will take a look ne way. Smile
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rouki87 Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:15 am

Perhaps add auto refueling but make vehicles spawn with no gas and slightly damaged, this is more realistic and is how its done on DayZ Origins, also the auto refueling is pretty slow and its about the same as refueling alone anyhow on Origins, just makes it a little easier. GRANTED this is not Origins, but i feel this is one thing (of many) that was done right with that map/mod
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:39 am

maybe i'm thinking of a different script

the one i'm thinking of fills a chopper in seconds while hovering.

we are already a bit too far from realistic, mainly because nobody wants to play vanilla dayz anymore......which is why we are trying to keep things fun. nothing fun about a 25 max. vehicle count. People have commented ingame that we have too many vehicles. The current count (same count all the time) is 128. I think spawing them in various states of repair/fuel is a good thing. I do it sometimes, just not often.

I guess if we did that.......then it would balance things enough, and the auto-fuel thing wouldnt be too easy. since you just had to repair that heli, which can take time.....and always a chance someone repairs it before you do.

These discussions are the best way to figure this shizz out. Helps us all to see the pros and cons of major server changes.

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down