The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Sever name / Description

4 posters

Go down

Sever name / Description Empty Sever name / Description

Post  Rouki87 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 pm

I think the name so that appears in the server list should be change to better advertise the features of the server. Perhaps vehicle and heli count, along with events and custom content, and of coarse, that its whitelisted. I think it would help to bring in more players, as most people are too lazy to sign up to try a server out.

As always, just a suggestion!
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Sever name / Description Empty Re: Sever name / Description

Post  skeeteR Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 pm

we can try that out. I'll try to set something up tonight. everytime I bump my dayzforum post, we get anywhere from 4-6 players. each week we always get new players, some stay.....some move on.

some people think the password should be removed, I will never do that. for players ingame, the hacking maybe wasnt a big deal.....since I gave everything back. But after a big attack, I would sit for hours and restore gear and fix vehicles. (just to have it happen again 20 minutes later) the hackers had me totally stressed out, the only option is the password. sadly, the new player traffic suffers from this.

I will gladly modify the server description. Smile this is a good idea

Also, every single member of this community can help recruit new players. Instead of me bumping the dayz forum topic, (which is not as effective as our members posting) It would sound better if people would go there and just give your honest opinion of the server. say w/e you feel like saying. every time someone post something, it puts our topic back on the 1st page for people to see (it quickly gets buried with other peoples post) But so far, that topic has generated more new players than anything else I've tried. Very Happy

some nights are more full than others, at this time we have 130 people in the VIP forum group. (some are more active than others) But we always want more new players.

official dayz forum topic for the server
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/118845-hunters-den/

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Milans Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Maybe a Limited Time on Saturdays you make the Server Open password free to give ppl a shot to play
the name on the server should be definatly changed having Freindly in the name is a turn off i think and means low population ppl wanna go where the name explodes with stuff and excitement
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Friendly hasnt been in the name in a long time. took that out when people misunderstood "friendly staff" meant server was non pvp.

try to think exactly how to word it, i need to keep the forum address in the title, so ppl can apply for the password.

i dunno, trying to think while i'm typing this

so far i've been pleased with the new player traffic......of course i'd like more. for a passworded server that requires people to apply to play, its went 100% better than I thought. When I went to password, I was afraid nobody would apply. I've noticed some of the community play after 1:00 am into the morning, some play over the day, some only play during the weekends. some nights are full, some are slow, thats just part of any server. overall its steady, we get a new application here and there. mostly on weekends. server hasnt been around that long either. if we keep getting new applications, the community will keep growing.

once they are here, most see its a place to play dayZ the way it was intended to be played.

we just need to keep working to keep our name out there Smile

edit- the 1st part of the server title needs to stay, so help me out.....what words can we shove in there and what should be taken off. (still thinkin about it)
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Milans Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Today you will see 15+ applications I promise

Thinking about the Name thing alot ( *THE HUNTERS DEN* PASSWORDED HACKER FREE PRIVATE SERVER )
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rouki87 Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Yea, i was thinking along the lines of just adding "Whitelisted" to the server name instead of "Easy password application", also adding in the amount of vehicles and helicopters like you see on some servers listings (i.e. 200+ vehicles etc), active admins, daily events, custom bases, stuff like that. I have no problem with the actual name of the server, I just think this servers awesome features need some advertisement
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Very Happy

thnx dave, this helps alot. tonight I'll actually get this changed. (sucks I'll need to restart server for changes to appear. So i'll try to pick a decent time to announce a restart
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:32 pm

"active community" may be another good trait listed in a server name Cool
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member