The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Extended hide body time.

4 posters

Go down

Extended hide body time. Empty Extended hide body time.

Post  Traumahead Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Alright here is another wishful thinking thread. Is there any way to force a player to take more time to hide a body? In real life it would take time to bury a person, so there is little consequence for someone to do it in game. If you were gonna hide a players body you'd need to be damn sure someone wasn't watching you or you might not bother doing it.
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Extended hide body time. Empty Re: Extended hide body time.

Post  skeeteR Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:08 pm

I like this idea, very cool thinking.

Would actually be a unique addition to the game. Your right, at the moment you can hide a body quickly and easy and keep moving. But if you had to sit through a animation while you "bury the body", it would add another aspect to pvp/group battles.

Beans Beans Beans I like this suggestion.

Gives me some more stuff to play around with, this is deff. possible. Just will need to really mess around with it to see if I can make it happen. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Very Happy
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Slartybartfast Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:07 am

Good idea man!

Also what I would like to see is the ablility to dig up a "hidden" body with an e.t.
As far as I know the only thing happens is that the body is placed a few feet down so you can't see it anymore (if you hide a body thats hanging over the edge of a building you'll see what I mean). It would be like a treasure hunt when you hear them flies buzzing /bigsmile

I suggested it once on the dayz forum so hopefully it will be implemented one day because I don't think thats something you (Skeeter) could program?
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Slartybartfast wrote:Good idea man!

Also what I would like to see is the ablility to dig up a "hidden" body with an e.t.
As far as I know the only thing happens is that the body is placed a few feet down so you can't see it anymore (if you hide a body thats hanging over the edge of a building you'll see what I mean). It would be like a treasure hunt when you hear them flies buzzing /bigsmile

I suggested it once on the dayz forum so hopefully it will be implemented one day because I don't think thats something you (Skeeter) could program?

never know until i take a look. i'm already messing with the longer "bury body animation" which is fairly easy. as far as digging it back up, not sure if its something I could do........if we did do it, the animation for digging it back up would need to be longer. for now I'll deff. add the extra time it takes to bury a body along with a unique animation (people watching from a distance will be able to tell what your doing <--and could shoot you to stop the body from being buried), and we can keep the digging it back up discussion open for a bit to hear what others think.

i like both suggestions/ideas myself. thanks guys
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:02 pm

I don't think digging them up is necessarily. It only diminishes the weight of starting/being in a battle. IE "well if I die i can just come dig up my body". I know players get satisfaction from hiding a body of someone they don't like. I am just looking for realism and better game mechanics. The decision should have weight.

I've literally had a bandit in my sights hiding a body before but I didn't take the shot because the process was so quick. He literally landed a huey just to do it. Then he killed me for the entire night afterward because I didn't get the shot.
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  xHGx Reflex Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Is there a way to make player body hiding longer but not zombie? It is just an inconvenience when dead zombies fill up the barracks

xHGx Reflex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Slartybartfast Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:28 am

Traumahead wrote:I don't think digging them up is necessarily. It only diminishes the weight of starting/being in a battle. IE "well if I die i can just come dig up my body". I know players get satisfaction from hiding a body of someone they don't like. I am just looking for realism and better game mechanics. The decision should have weight.

I've literally had a bandit in my sights hiding a body before but I didn't take the shot because the process was so quick. He literally landed a huey just to do it. Then he killed me for the entire night afterward because I didn't get the shot.

You have a point there. But you'd need an entrenchingtool to do it. And could be coincidence but I haven't found that many the last few months. But maybe you're right. Just make the animation a bit longer
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down