The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll

+10
Traumahead
Yellow Bandit
Scott [TLE]
xHGx Reflex
Black Bandit
ProDerp
pielicious
skeeteR
Milans
Petrov!
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How would you like skins implemented into the server?

Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 18 ]
Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 34

Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll

Post  Yellow Bandit Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 pm

James_R_Rusteldt wrote:In this thread: we attempt to turn Dayz into Barbie Princess Online and play dressup.
Sums up this post in a nutshell. +1

Yellow Bandit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 pm

dandelions wrote:
James_R_Rusteldt wrote:In this thread: we attempt to turn Dayz into Barbie Princess Online and play dressup.

This joke has already been made a thousand times a thousand ways. Have either of you ever played any game ever? A big chunk of games now days are just people showing off what they have. It caters to the male ego without making them feel like gays for wanting to accessories.

"Sums up this post in a nutshell. +1"
       - A guy who wants to be seen with a DMR, black SUV, a bandit skin, and fully kitted with gear every time he gets killed so people can see what he has.

P.S. I'm sure those entrenching tools you carry have seen loads of use.
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yellow Bandit Wed May 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Traumahead wrote:
dandelions wrote:

This joke has already been made a thousand times a thousand ways. Have either of you ever played any game ever? A big chunk of games now days are just people showing off what they have. It caters to the male ego without making them feel like gays for wanting to accessories.

- A guy who wants to be seen with a DMR, black SUV, a bandit skin, and fully kitted with gear every time he gets killed so people can see what he has.

Somebody sounds grumpy.

Yellow Bandit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott [TLE] Thu May 16, 2013 12:05 am

Traumahead wrote:
dandelions wrote:

You sir are my hero for tonight.

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 am

dandelions wrote:Somebody sounds grumpy.

It's not grumpiness... well it kinda is.

The only plausible reason I can come up with for not making aesthetic alterations to the game is because it could potentially create bugs. If that's the case, then just say that. That's why I oppose it. That and I don't think skeeteR should waste his time with it. But that's just my opinion and it probably wont change anything.
Traumahead
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrov! Thu May 16, 2013 1:04 am

I made this thread because i think the community will benefit from the skins. It won't be a waste of time because it will encourage people to start their own groups, better teamwork, better attacks, etc.

People are making jokes about aesthetics but let me remind you that Rocket has already implemented this into the Standalone version. Yes. He spent about 2 weeks of update videos about clothing. You think it is pointless but Rocket knows that in a game like this...you need more variety than just 3 skins.

Petrov!
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott [TLE] Thu May 16, 2013 1:11 am

Dr. Petrov wrote:I made this thread because i think the community will benefit from the skins. It won't be a waste of time because it will encourage people to start their own groups, better teamwork, better attacks, etc.

People are making jokes about aesthetics but let me remind you that Rocket has already implemented this into the Standalone version. Yes. He spent about 2 weeks of update videos about clothing. You think it is pointless but Rocket knows that in a game like this...you need more variety than just 3 skins.

Faction/Clan/Group Skins Poll - Page 2 37869281

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Thu May 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm very happy this is such a hot topic.

I promise to keep working on the fine tuning and get this stuff rdy for you all.

thanks everyone
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrov! Thu May 16, 2013 7:10 pm

5 more votes will pretty much be the average of people on the server every month.
Petrov!
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrov! Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 pm

The vote has now reached the monthly average of players.

The results are:

The majority of players would like to see skins (if implemented) Free and Restricted. 84% percent of voters want restricted skins (not specific to free or purchase method).
Petrov!
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TASB Mon May 20, 2013 2:07 pm

I cant help but notice the majority voted to have them made free but restricted. So what you're saying is, you dont want to have to do any work to receive the skin, and then you want to squabble with other clans (with skeeter in the middle) over who gets which one.

Sounds like true entitlement 'Merica...a real peoples paradise.

Arrow

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ProDerp Mon May 20, 2013 2:10 pm

TASB wrote:I cant help but notice the majority voted to have them made free but restricted. So what you're saying is, you dont want to have to do any work to receive the skin, and then you want to squabble with other clans (with skeeter in the middle) over who gets which one.

Arrow
Doesn't have to be any squabble in my opinion. I'll take what's given to me, especially MLP shirts. I'm sure the other clans aren't going to be too picky.
ProDerp
ProDerp
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TASB Mon May 20, 2013 2:34 pm

ProDerp wrote:
TASB wrote:I cant help but notice the majority voted to have them made free but restricted. So what you're saying is, you dont want to have to do any work to receive the skin, and then you want to squabble with other clans (with skeeter in the middle) over who gets which one.

Arrow
Doesn't have to be any squabble in my opinion. I'll take what's given to me, especially MLP shirts. I'm sure the other clans aren't going to be too picky.

There never has to be any squabbling. However, reality dictates that when choices are limited, and few of the skins offer advantage (such as camo all the time), there are bound to be some squabbling in the sandbox over who gets what.

What is TASB's point? His point is that if you want a specific skin reserved strictly for your clan - earn it. Besides, think of poor skeeter, getting PMs and what not over who gets what. How is one to determine the free reserve? First come first served.

Ah, whatever. I'm always playing the devil's advocate.

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrov! Mon May 20, 2013 3:43 pm

That is apparently what the majority of the community wants.

There should be enough camo to go around for different groups. But the option is out there for people to not want Camo.

Remember: Having a skin restricted to your group only can paint a huge target on your back. An enemy of yours won't need to hesitate to shoot you.

It also works the other way: Friendlies will not shoot you on accident.

This makes the game both very heated in firefights and safer between friendly groups. We all do this anyway but have to transfer between chat rooms, teamspeaks or ventrilos to get it done. It is both annoying and involves alt-tabbing out of the game.

At least this way we can be immerse in game while identifying people. If everyone can choose whatever skin they want then it kind of takes away all those benefits I mentioned.
Petrov!
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TASB Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm

To be clear, my objection is in receiving skins first come first serve instead of earning it. I voted to restrict, and in whatever form Skeeter see's fit, to have payment to receive the skin of your choosing. Instead of first come first serve gimme gimme entitlement Merica style.

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrov! Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 pm

TASB wrote:To be clear, my objection is in receiving skins first come first serve instead of earning it. I voted to restrict, and in whatever form Skeeter see's fit, to have payment to receive the skin of your choosing. Instead of first come first serve gimme gimme entitlement Merica style.

No payments involves way less work for Skeeter which is part of why I like it.

Payments just make it ridiculously hard for new groups to get skins and therefore will not let them to get the skin of their choosing before another specific group. It is unfair as some groups are more established than others.

Free is not about entitlement but about giving everyone a fair chance. I also don't want to speak about other advantages some groups might have because I know some groups will be able to make payments a LOT easier than others and I'll leave it at that.
Petrov!
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott [TLE] Mon May 20, 2013 5:50 pm

I think it's better giving them out honestly how hard would it be for me to get 25 NofW tags online to collect toilet paper, razors, as-50s or whatever.

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdook Mon May 20, 2013 5:53 pm

It would be pretty hard since the server has only 30 slots /happy

Mrdook
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TASB Mon May 20, 2013 7:17 pm

[NofW] Scott wrote:I think it's better giving them out honestly how hard would it be for me to get 25 NofW tags online to collect toilet paper, razors, as-50s or whatever.

Maybe not hard at all. So maybe you should utilize your only true strength here - numbers, to make it happen. Really though, I dont care. I'm just a regular rabble rouser.

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm grateful for everyones interest.

I'm happy to know what everyone is thinking. Like I've said, the skins are alot of fun, look badass, etc etc

I'm going to get some more pictures together of what skins will be on the "list". I'll also be taking this thread into account when I decide how to implement/balance this thing out.

I promise to try hard and come up with the best solution. It will all work out........because I wont stop until it does.

thank you all!
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2