The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

Base buidling idea.

3 posters

Go down

Base buidling idea. Empty Base buidling idea.

Post  Rouki87 Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 pm

It kindve goes off that video that was posted by Tilux, but without all the in-game commands. Granted, the in-game commands would be nicer and a lot more to the feel of base building, but this could be used as a solution till we have something of that nature.

Anyhow, my idea is that a list of custom structures is posted, along with a list of required materials needed to build it. Once the player(s) have all the materials listed for whichever structure they want to be added, a admin would then place the structure at a location that the player(s) desire.

An example would be as follows.

Castle Tower: 20 Sandbags, 20 scrap metal, 20 piles of wood, 5 tank traps, 5 wire fencing.

Obviously this recipe makes no sense, but you get the idea. The only detail im having trouble working out is delivery of these items, as they would have to be stored in a Ural, a Tent, or across several players.

I also think that custom structures would be a very good donation option as well! Lets get some feedback on this idea!
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Base buidling idea. Empty Re: Base buidling idea.

Post  Milans Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm likin this idea Dave .... I want a place to call home, sick and tired of livin in a tent !
Milans
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:24 pm

I've been playing around with some stuff. But not sure yet what will work and what wont.

Bases that cannot be raided will really mess things up. If you guys think about all the things that would happen. Just 1 example would be someone hoarding vehicles inside there base.

This weekend I have alot of things I want to try and finish. Latelly I have a bunch of things that I "scratched" at. But nothing finished, that I could bring over to the main server yet.

I really wish I had more free time, but anyway, I'm going to be working on server stuff all weekend. The donor base would work on a non-pvp server. But on this server it would give people a safe place to "live". Would make you untouchable. What do you guys think of the idea I had.....there would be bases around the server that would need to be "claimed" and defended from attacks.

I would like if all you guys had a base, but I dont know how to make it workout. I guess we could have like 1 untouchable/unraidable base, and it could be an event prize. Each week whoever won the "main" event would get the SUPER BASE for that week. Let me know what ya think of that, or try to help me figure something else out.

thanks
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rouki87 Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Naw i dont want them to be untouchable / whitelisted or whatever, i just want some custom buildings and structures we can use to make a base. I agree untouchable bases is a bad idea.
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Smile

working on it now. trying to get it done
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:32 pm

well the barracks addition was the 1st test to see how it worked. dont want to affect how smooth our server runs.

so far so good, i'm very happy with everything. a few people seemed "unhappy" about the barracks at NE. I deff. did not set out to upset anyone, I thought it was a nice addition to the map.

now I can start working on the base idea. People/clans can claim it and defend it. Not sure how many to add, maybe 2 very large bases. with helipads, and feul tanks.

skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rouki87 Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:51 pm

skeeteR wrote:well the barracks addition was the 1st test to see how it worked. dont want to affect how smooth our server runs.

so far so good, i'm very happy with everything. a few people seemed "unhappy" about the barracks at NE. I deff. did not set out to upset anyone, I thought it was a nice addition to the map.

now I can start working on the base idea. People/clans can claim it and defend it. Not sure how many to add, maybe 2 very large bases. with helipads, and feul tanks.

Lol.. Id really like to know why people had a issue with it. I guess some people just like playing the same old map all the time *shrug*
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:54 pm

1st base was just added to the map, mainly for test. All went well, so now I'll add the 2nd one. Once I add the 2nd one, I may announce the locations......or may let the locations up to the community to share or not share.

So far so good, bases contain camo netting to park cars under, helipad, fuel tank, and a main bunker. the bases are surrounded with the big Hexi barriers.

More things will probably be added over time, to make the bases larger (they are already fairly large, plenty of room for a large group, etc.)

So we will see how this works, I think they are pretty sweet.
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rouki87 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Good work, the new bases are pretty sweet!
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Smile
thanks dave, i'm nowhere near finished yet. i just wanted to get that much on the map fast. now i can really start playing with some cool stuff.

so i'll keep ya guys posted on the new additions as i get them finished Smile
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down