Shoutbox

Having missed out...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having missed out...

Post  Traumahead on Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Having missed out on the entire thread before it was locked. I wish I could have responded to just how much I agree with statements like "The Yellow Logger" here.



I'm not talking about graphics or anything. I just feel like the realism is harshed by players treating the game like CoD. Letting clip after clip of DMR go at close range when the ROF should be more like that of the Lee Engfield imo. If I have a one shot kill rifle then one shot will do. If I miss, its time to reposition. I really don't have much else to say, I just hope that anyone reading will consider my opinion before going after a fly with a bazooka.

The Yellow Logger can vouch for me as I came at him the other day with a G17 instead of the as50 or m240 i had on my back

gun

Pertain your comments to this subject only. If this turns into another shitstorm skeeteR will only lock it again.
avatar
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 600
Reputation : 126
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 31
Location : A Sticky Recliner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  skeeteR on Mon May 20, 2013 8:45 pm

I'll never lock anything right away pirat

you guys can use this forum to say w/e is on your mind. I let the last thread go for 3 pages, I only lock'd it because I felt it was what I'm supposed to do (figured everyone was thinking........."when is skeeter going to lock this?")

This will never be a forum that is heavy on locking threads. Again, I just thought that last one was worthy.

Its obvious everyone is very interested in this topic. I'm sure everyone has said what they needed to say, but if not.......heres your chance again
avatar
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2012-12-21
Age : 33
Location : usually right here :P

View user profile http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Traumahead on Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 pm

skeeteR wrote:I'll never lock anything right away pirat

you guys can use this forum to say w/e is on your mind. I let the last thread go for 3 pages, I only lock'd it because I felt it was what I'm supposed to do (figured everyone was thinking........."when is skeeter going to lock this?")

This will never be a forum that is heavy on locking threads. Again, I just thought that last one was worthy.

Its obvious everyone is very interested in this topic. I'm sure everyone has said what they needed to say, but if not.......heres your chance again

It was, by internet definition, a shitstorm. I want to focus it... if possible.
avatar
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 600
Reputation : 126
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 31
Location : A Sticky Recliner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Milans on Mon May 20, 2013 9:46 pm

\But but it has my name on it Sad how else to kill a fly


avatar
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 461
Reputation : 99
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Astoria,NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  skeeteR on Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

but does it blend?
avatar
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2012-12-21
Age : 33
Location : usually right here :P

View user profile http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Traumahead on Mon May 20, 2013 9:57 pm

The Milaner sounds like a perverted sex act performed only by the most hardcore of hardcore porn actors.

"So last night I gave her The Milaner. I had to call a cleaning crew to come clean the shit off of my ceiling."
avatar
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 600
Reputation : 126
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 31
Location : A Sticky Recliner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  skeeteR on Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Traumahead wrote:The Milaner sounds like a perverted sex act performed only by the most hardcore of hardcore porn actors.

"So last night I gave her The Milaner. I had to call a cleaning crew to come clean the shit off of my ceiling."


LMFAO! reading this made me bust up
avatar
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2012-12-21
Age : 33
Location : usually right here :P

View user profile http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  xHGx Reflex on Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 am

Im not the one you came at with the g17, but i was there. Smile an very good strategy trauma, and too response others I understand everything isnt 100% realistic, but why not make it as much as possible?

xHGx Reflex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 181
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Milans on Tue May 21, 2013 10:26 am

If its in the game its possible, you cant ask ppl to slow down shooting comon if the Dmr wasnt meant to be semi auto with a mag then it wouldnt have been that way.. it would take that extra second to load if it was like an enfield

Lets focus on the things we can change like combat logging Very Happy
avatar
Milans
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 461
Reputation : 99
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Astoria,NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Scott [TLE] on Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Milans wrote:If its in the game its possible, you cant ask ppl to slow down shooting comon if the Dmr wasnt meant to be semi auto with a mag then it wouldnt have been that way.. it would take that extra second to load if it was like an enfield

Lets focus on the things we can change like combat logging Very Happy

Before we can do anything about combat logging we need to define it. What qualifies as combat logging what does not. Unless it's a full on firefight with non-stop shooting both ways I don't see how we could reliably establish whether or not someone is in combat.

P.S. We could swap the DMR for the SVD smaller mag, less zoom, more Russian, and rate of fire is slightly lower. But that's just me I'm more of a one shot one kill person me, never touch the DMR if I have any say in the matter.

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 241
Reputation : -99
Join date : 2013-01-13
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Petrov! on Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm

[NofW] Scott wrote:
Milans wrote:If its in the game its possible, you cant ask ppl to slow down shooting comon if the Dmr wasnt meant to be semi auto with a mag then it wouldnt have been that way.. it would take that extra second to load if it was like an enfield

Lets focus on the things we can change like combat logging Very Happy

Before we can do anything about combat logging we need to define it. What qualifies as combat logging what does not. Unless it's a full on firefight with non-stop shooting both ways I don't see how we could reliably establish whether or not someone is in combat.

P.S. We could swap the DMR for the SVD smaller mag, less zoom, more Russian, and rate of fire is slightly lower. But that's just me I'm more of a one shot one kill person me, never touch the DMR if I have any say in the matter.

Combat logging is engaging or being engaged in combat and then purposely logging out or escaping just so you can log out.

The latter is the most extreme case and is not a big deal if the other side makes it clear what they are doing. I would honestly be fine engaging a target then them saying they don't have time to fight so the fight can end there.

I really don't like pursuing a ghost. That sucks.

avatar
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 146
Reputation : 51
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Scott [TLE] on Tue May 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Petrov! wrote:
[NofW] Scott wrote:
Milans wrote:If its in the game its possible, you cant ask ppl to slow down shooting comon if the Dmr wasnt meant to be semi auto with a mag then it wouldnt have been that way.. it would take that extra second to load if it was like an enfield

Lets focus on the things we can change like combat logging Very Happy

Before we can do anything about combat logging we need to define it. What qualifies as combat logging what does not. Unless it's a full on firefight with non-stop shooting both ways I don't see how we could reliably establish whether or not someone is in combat.

P.S. We could swap the DMR for the SVD smaller mag, less zoom, more Russian, and rate of fire is slightly lower. But that's just me I'm more of a one shot one kill person me, never touch the DMR if I have any say in the matter.

Combat logging is engaging or being engaged in combat and then purposely logging out or escaping just so you can log out.

The latter is the most extreme case and is not a big deal if the other side makes it clear what they are doing. I would honestly be fine engaging a target then them saying they don't have time to fight so the fight can end there.

I really don't like pursuing a ghost. That sucks.

I understand and it is annoying but if someone gets a good couple clicks on you then logs is that combat logging? They could have simply logged 50 meters from you or hoped in an SUV and driven across the map. Without skeeter actively watching every engagement it's really impossible to catch all the combat loggers and legitimate escapees.

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 241
Reputation : -99
Join date : 2013-01-13
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Petrov! on Tue May 21, 2013 4:06 pm

[NofW] Scott wrote:
Petrov! wrote:
[NofW] Scott wrote:
Milans wrote:If its in the game its possible, you cant ask ppl to slow down shooting comon if the Dmr wasnt meant to be semi auto with a mag then it wouldnt have been that way.. it would take that extra second to load if it was like an enfield

Lets focus on the things we can change like combat logging Very Happy

Before we can do anything about combat logging we need to define it. What qualifies as combat logging what does not. Unless it's a full on firefight with non-stop shooting both ways I don't see how we could reliably establish whether or not someone is in combat.

P.S. We could swap the DMR for the SVD smaller mag, less zoom, more Russian, and rate of fire is slightly lower. But that's just me I'm more of a one shot one kill person me, never touch the DMR if I have any say in the matter.

Combat logging is engaging or being engaged in combat and then purposely logging out or escaping just so you can log out.

The latter is the most extreme case and is not a big deal if the other side makes it clear what they are doing. I would honestly be fine engaging a target then them saying they don't have time to fight so the fight can end there.

I really don't like pursuing a ghost. That sucks.

I understand and it is annoying but if someone gets a good couple clicks on you then logs is that combat logging? They could have simply logged 50 meters from you or hoped in an SUV and driven across the map. Without skeeter actively watching every engagement it's really impossible to catch all the combat loggers and legitimate escapees.

Well I agree there would be no way to determine if that happens even if we choose to enforce it. This is a social issue in the community rather than something else. People need to engage in combat with some kind of respect for other community members here. Lets just say people can escape then log out but could they at least tell us they plan on doing that? I won't even bother chasing them at that point out of respect for people have lives outside this game.

Ideally we should establish the "rules" of combat that people should abide to avoid conflict between members. We are a small community and sometimes it feels like combat is very much like public servers.

If we have a set of loose rules then rather than calling them insults (which I do a lot) we can just call them out on not following a set of community rules (which we can all contribute to!). If these rules are broken it wouldn't be a big deal because who wants to be restricted? We just need some guidelines man... Let us call it the "Comrade Convention"
avatar
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 146
Reputation : 51
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Yellow Bandit on Tue May 21, 2013 5:02 pm

I agree with Petrov it is a problem, and I agree with Scott a lot of the time people are clueless that their target has escaped when they cry battle logger. Even so, realistically too large a part of the community is troll kiddies, a mutually agreed upon ethical way of partaking in combat based on 'respect' will never work here. The server needs some concrete rules.

Additionally, if the penalty for battle logging is you lose your gear IF caught then that isn't a penalty at all. I have sniped players seen them bleeding and then them disappear before they can be finished off. If they had died they would have lost their gear anyways. The penalty (I have never even seen enforced) is not severe enough regardless of if it was even enforced.

If most people are in agreement battle logging is a problem.. Then here is my proposal.

If we see a player and we believe he has combat logged, as much of the following information is to be given to Skeeter. Time of incident, Location on map, Noticeable gear of battle logger, (gun, pack), Skin (hero/bandit/survivor/etc), If possible a player name (could be determined by seeing who has recently left the server or gone to lobby), and any other information that could be useful. Skeeter has the authority to then make a ruling, with or without consulting with anyone. (NOTE: excessive amount of reports for trying to get legitimate players banned will result in punishments coinciding to caught battle loggers.

The punishments will be as follows.
1st offense- Warning (maybe it was a mistake by everyone, and you morally meant to do nothing wrong, well so be it you have been warned)
2nd offense- 2 day banning (if you like playing here and being part of the community this should get your attention, if it doesn't then there is always the 3rd offense penalty)
3rd offense- Suspended indefinitely from the server (you can petition with skeeter directly and if he decides to lift your ban it will be at his discretion)

Those that want to play here will play fair. Those that don't will ultimately be weeded out, plain and simple.

This is an awesome server, we all know it, that is why we all play here. Skeeter has done a terrific job making it a great place to play. If you want to keep playing here a community agreed upon set of rules and punishments should be followed. It should be regarded as a privilege to play here, and treated that way, not to be taken for granted.

All of my suggestions can and should be refined by community input. These are some ideas, a rules list with definitions would be helpful.

Yellow Bandit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 34
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2013-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  xHGx Reflex on Tue May 21, 2013 5:45 pm

I actually agree with bb, there should be punishment, my intention was not to battle log, i waited the 10 secs with no shots, when i clicked it i heard the shot but i was already in the lobby. Im not stupid enough to log back in to die while loading. That's an honest mistake. I agree battle logging is a problem and a ridiculous one at that. But, since it pertains to my situation, i think, depending if its too obvious or not, a battle logger should be able to defend themselves and to see the whole story. Because if it was just your opinion skeeter heard i would be banned, and I dont think thats good if its an honest misunderstanding

xHGx Reflex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 181
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  skeeteR on Tue May 21, 2013 6:05 pm

if you guys want, I'll make the log out timer longer

its annoying when not in battle (thats why I originally made it 10 seconds) , but would help alot with ppl logging

lemme know




***going to put alot of thought into trying to come up with more solutions. ***
avatar
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 208
Join date : 2012-12-21
Age : 33
Location : usually right here :P

View user profile http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Chimera on Tue May 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Unfortunately, the baseline of the problem? Respect. And you cant force people to have or show it. The game is regularly and clearly treated as another CoD or Battlefield(dont get me wrong, I do enjoy those games); whereas some of us play this game for its other aspects, others do not. Its going to be surmountingly difficult to convince anyone who is guilty of these infractions, to follow them permanently; short of investigating the frequence of occurance, and enforcing some strict rules.

The game is based on a military simulation; the simulation intended to train and teach soldiers about actual combat situations and methods wherein they'll need to know contingencies and various approaches to pragmatic combat situations. In reality, with a DMR in hand, no one would fire off twenty rounds at a helicopter flying by; neither at another player across a field. There's just too much more to lose in reality, than in a video game. I would love to see the end to people pot shotting rounds for no real reason at other people than to LOLZCOD. But its unfortunately not going to happen without more severe consquences for death as well. Until your character dying really means something, really has a true cost, this type of gameplay, and the various infractions of basic respectful gameplay will continue.

Chimera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 89
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2013-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Petrov! on Tue May 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Chimera wrote:There's just too much more to lose in reality, than in a video game. I would love to see the end to people pot shotting rounds for no real reason at other people than to LOLZCOD. But its unfortunately not going to happen without more severe consquences for death as well. Until your character dying really means something, really has a true cost, this type of gameplay, and the various infractions of basic respectful gameplay will continue.

Reminded me of this:



Watch all the way through. Trust me. Worth it.
avatar
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 146
Reputation : 51
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Chimera on Tue May 21, 2013 10:49 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. that was the best thing out of all the best things ever. +1 for.... Whoops.. i almost said your name.. For Petrov..

Chimera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 89
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2013-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Petrov! on Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Chimera wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHA. that was the best thing out of all the best things ever. +1 for.... Whoops.. i almost said your name.. For Petrov..

MY NAME REMAINS BETWEEN THE F.A.G.S
avatar
Petrov!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 146
Reputation : 51
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  xHGx Reflex on Wed May 22, 2013 8:55 am

I see how 30 seconds COULD help, but first it's extremely annoying. Second, likely if you have 10 seconds, you have 30. In the majority of fights i have been in, (not just getting sniped or vice versa), there is a few 30 sec breaks somewhere. Don't do this, but the only way I think the timer coupd help above 10 secs, is if it was at 5 minutes. Otherwise there may just be a natural pause for 30 sec - 1 min. I would just say only report someone privately to skeet. If skeet cont to get similar messages over a period of time( maybe a month) then there is consequences. ( gear stripped, since skeeter knows where they go, camp removed, happens again, banning) but I would avoid one message equals baned. It would lead to less respect where people dislike a player and decide to get him banned.

xHGx Reflex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 181
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Scott [TLE] on Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 pm

xHGx Reflex wrote:I see how 30 seconds COULD help, but first it's extremely annoying. Second, likely if you have 10 seconds, you have 30. In the majority of fights i have been in, (not just getting sniped or vice versa), there is a few 30 sec breaks somewhere. Don't do this, but the only way I think the timer coupd help above 10 secs, is if it was at 5 minutes. Otherwise there may just be a natural pause for 30 sec - 1 min. I would just say only report someone privately to skeet. If skeet cont to get similar messages over a period of time( maybe a month) then there is consequences. ( gear stripped, since skeeter knows where they go, camp removed, happens again, banning) but I would avoid one message equals baned. It would lead to less respect where people dislike a player and decide to get him banned.

I have people log on me all the time especially when I'm sniping. I just can't ever report it because who knows what poor sucker is downrange? Unless skeeter watches a real time feed of all the players (some hives have this) and determined when someone logged if they were exchanging blood bags or small chunks of lead, I don't think we could reliably keep this up. Skins would help a lot because you would be able tell what group the person was from at least, it would giving skeeter more info and it would be easier to track them into the lobby. (Just my practical application for restricted skins if)

Scott [TLE]
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 241
Reputation : -99
Join date : 2013-01-13
Location : Minneapolis, MN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  xHGx Reflex on Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 am

Well, the sniping i was talking about is, thy dont know your there and you're lining up the shot. If they abort then, it's the sniper's fault for not shooting

xHGx Reflex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 181
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having missed out...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum