Shoutbox

Zombie Apocalypse Fanfare

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zombie Apocalypse Fanfare

Post  TASB on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:58 pm

As i sit here at work patiently waiting to flee home in a dash (cautiously, of course. You never know when a bandit is waiting for an eaasy kill) to find if A) my beloved Dayz server provided by Skeeter is working and B) opening the first brew of the day while pursuing A, I thought I would take the time out to throw some trumpets around the long love affair I've had with the undead.

This first installment in the thread revolves around some of the killer (pun intended) books I've read in the past that I'd recommend to fellow Dayz enthusiasts. Feel free to add, be it books, movies, other games or a great Dayz story.

Recommended reads:
I'll start with the most recent, as it actually 'feels' like this was written from the perspective of a Dayz player.

Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End
By Manel Loureiro

This book encompasses an outbreak that starts in Russia and is written in the form of a blog, and then journal entries. The story of lawyer from Spain who faces the mariad of problems one might expect when facing an undead plaque. I wont spoil it, but I highly recommend it.

Arisen: Book 1, Fortress Britain
By James Glynn

This one is more set to a military tone, which may be right up a Dayz fans alley. Here is a brief synopsis:
...When the Zombie Apocalypse came, one country had shut down its borders in response to a major terrorist attack. Now Fortress Britain is the last bastion of the living - with 50 million beleaguered survivors facing down a world of 7 billion animated corpses.

World Waar Z
By Max Brooks

This tells the story of several survivors throughout different regions of the world as a zombie pandemic explodes. Again, I'm not into spoiling things, so i'll just say I read this one over the course of a Saturday (clear into the late night), barely putting it down.

I'll add more later, and please feel free to share.

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Fanfare

Post  skeeteR on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:15 pm

This is awesome TASB Beans Beans Beans

Thank you for sharing this, my GF and I both enjoy reading. (we both are hooked on fk'n zombie stuff too)

I'm looking forward to seeing this thread develop, I'm sure everyone enjoys zombie storys, books, games, movies as much as us.

Nice work Very Happy
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  xHGx Reflex on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:05 pm

For a fun read, you can download the real "Zombie Emergency Handbook" on the CDC (center for disease control) website. I guess they truly are prepared for anythig, lol

xHGx Reflex
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 pm

xHGx Reflex wrote:For a fun read, you can download the real "Zombie Emergency Handbook" on the CDC (center for disease control) website. I guess they truly are prepared for anythig, lol

study
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Traumahead on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:33 pm

xHGx Reflex wrote:For a fun read, you can download the real "Zombie Emergency Handbook" on the CDC (center for disease control) website. I guess they truly are prepared for anythig, lol

Haha I read that a while ago. It actually did have some good/interesting information.
Traumahead
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TASB on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Another fun fictional reading series for those who can't get enough - The Remaining by D. J. Molles

There are three in the series and they are all very entertaining to read. The base concept is as usual in these scenarios. Zombie apocalypse in America. The government has put 47 "coordinators" in bunkers who have GPS access to cache bunkers in their area and their mission is to re-establsih order following the virus known as FURY.

Really good stuff. Good military knowledge and also realistic in that the protagonist, while a great soldier, is a mere man. Highly recommended.

TASB
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top