The Hunters Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shoutbox

The fox hunt!

4 posters

Go down

The fox hunt! Empty The fox hunt!

Post  MeanThanatos Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 am

What about an event like a fox hunt? Everyone gathers in some rural location. One player (The Hunted) who has nothing but some food, water, compass and map has to avoid all the other players as long as he can. You'd give him a 10 minute head start, then the rest of the players (The Hunters) would go after him for the next two hours. They can use any weapon they want except explosives and sniper rifles. With a ten minute head start, The Hunted should be able to find a good place to hide or even get some weapons of his own. Prizes could be awared on a varying scale.

For The Hunted: 1. If they manage to survive for the full two hours. 2. If they manage to kill any of The Hunters. 3. They manage to survive for at least 1 hour before being killed.

For The Hunters: 1. If they kill The Hunted in under an hour. 2. If they kill The Hunted at all. 3. No Hunters get killed.

For prizes, you would obviously give the best prize based on #1, and so on. Maybe for The Hunted #1 prize, you could give them a fully decked out character on their next respawn. For The Hunters, maybe the #1 prize could be to give everyone who didn't die a tent. For The Hunted prize #2, you could give them a gps. For The Hunters, probably also a gps. For prize #3, seeing as it doesn't have to do with The Hunted getting killed or not, maybe a silenced pistol or something.

What do you think? I'm really hoping one of two things will happen: 1. The Hunters will try to work together as a team or 2. They'll turn on each other and it'll turn into a blood bath. I can see that if they work together, they would find and kill The Hunted. If even one of them tries to turn on the group, The Hunted will get away.
MeanThanatos
MeanThanatos
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

The fox hunt! Empty Re: The fox hunt!

Post  Rouki87 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:41 am

Sounds like every time i log on, only i shoot back Very Happy
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post  Drezzo Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:53 am

I like the idea. The thing is, this map is so huge that if the hunted only needs to hide, he will do so easily without being found for 2 hours. If we add other objectives for him as for example checkpoints were he needs to pick up specific objects spawned by Skeeter (global checkpoints on the map) it would be less hide and seek and we would actually be able to spot him.
Or maybe he starts terminally ill (needs antibiotics to cure himself), this way he'll be forced to loot hospitals, loot towns for food. Maybe a combination of the 2?

Drezzo
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MeanThanatos Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 am

But if you have 5-10 players playing as The Hunters, you will have that many people with eyes open looking for him. Not to mention, if you only give him one thing of water and one thing of food, he'll have to loot a town, zombie spawns would give him away.
MeanThanatos
MeanThanatos
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drezzo Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 pm

He can find food and drinks on the outskirt of villages pretty easily and disappear in the forest right after where no zombies spawn. I don't think we will be able to see him on this huge map, let alone kill him if he stays hidden all the time. Maybe with 3 helicopters cooperating and patrolling the map. I'd make it harder for the hunted.

I don't mind trying it out like you suggested though.

edit: even deerstands spawn drinks, not sure about food.

Drezzo
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skeeteR Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I like all the ideas, you guys have a way better imagination than me. I can think up some basic stuff, but the "Hunted" thing is a cool idea. It could be done so many diff. ways.

With saturday night almost here, I'm thinking which event, and how to make it work.

I really enjoy the event suggestions.
skeeteR
skeeteR
Owner
Owner

http://huntersden.comyr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MeanThanatos Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Even deerstands spawn zombies though. Anywhere loots spawns, so do the zeds. A ten minute headstart isn't enough for a player to become lost to all others. The hunters would just have to fan out and keep communicating with each other to find and corner the hunted. I would just hate to "cripple" the hunted in order to make it less daunting of a task for the hunters. To me, the hunted should be very difficult to find and kill. The challenge isn't so much for the hunted, but for the hunters instead. I was hoping that this would be a good way to foster more co-op gameplay. What better way to get to know everyone playing then to try to work with them to find an ellusive target that may or may not try to be killing you as well.
MeanThanatos
MeanThanatos
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rouki87 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:38 am

The thing is not everyone does these events, which would lead to other players killing either the hunters or the hunted.
Rouki87
Rouki87
BANNED
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down